Superdrug’s super oil 😍
The March box is full of some serious gems but our hero product this month is Superdrug’s Black Castor & Shea Oil Restoring Black Castor Oil.
One of the many reasons we love this product is because it’s multi-purpose. This oil can be used on both your hair and skin. When it comes to hair, the oil helps restore and tame frizz, adding a natural shine. And as for your skin, this oil will have your skin feeling soft, supple and smooth. Sounds lit right? Well let’s get into 3 different ways you can use this amazing oil.
1. As a sealant
If you’re a lover of the LCO method like us (Leave-in, Cream, Oil) then this oil is perfect to finish off your moisturising routine. Once you’ve applied your leave-in and styler, seal all that moisture in with this Black Castor Oil. Focus on your ends as they are the oldest and driest part of your hair and then work your way up. This will ensure your moisture and curl definition is preserved for way longer and who doesn’t want that?
2. For a hot oil treatment
This step gets slept on but will work wonders for your hair, especially when it needs that extra boost! Hot oil treatments not only encourage healthier hair by increasing blood flow to the scalp, but they can also help with hair loss and breakage.
To give yourself a hot oil hair treatment, follow the steps below:
- Pour a small amount of oil into a heat-safe container.
- Place the container in a larger bowl with hot water, allowing the smaller one to be partially submerged for a few minutes.
- Once the oil is warm, test the oil on your wrist before applying it to your hair to make sure it isn’t too hot.
- Rub your hands together to spread the warm oil around to the ends of your fingers.
- Apply the oil to your scalp with your fingers all over from your hairline to the back of your neck and down to your ears.
- Once the oil is distributed throughout the scalp, take a wide-tooth comb and pull the product to the ends of your hair
- Cover your hair with a plastic shower cap and leave the oil in your hair for 15 to 30 minutes.
- To remove the oil, wash and shampoo your hair.
3. To massage your scalp
Black Castor Oil increases blood flow to the scalp, supplying valuable nutrients to hair follicles. It can also prevent hair breakage, dandruff, eczema and dry, itchy scalp so it’s the perfect product for a scalp massage. Use the fingertips of both hands to apply light to medium pressure to your scalp, moving in small circles. Work your way across your scalp to cover all areas for about 5 minutes.
Feel free to use the Superdrug Black Castor & Shea Oil Restoring Black Castor Oil to try one or all of the above. When we said multi-purpose, we meant it! We know, we snapped by adding this oil to the March box.
Make sure you tag @treasuretress and @superdrug in your posts when you use the oil. We want to see you you moisturised and glowing!